“TREX, The Sweet, Hawkwind, Motorhead,” MyNameisKhan.com
Posted Tuesday, November 25th, 2014 at 4:20 pm
The Chicago band White Mystery got the call to open the David Bowie Is exhibit at the Museum of Contemporary Art. So what was that like for them?
In their own words.
1. How did your gig at MCA happen?
2. How has Bowie in any manner inspired you.
Costuming was a big part of the preparation for this concert. Bowie is equal parts oral and visual, so finding the right wardrobe to evoke his spirit was an inspirational process.
3. How did you end up picking up a guitar?
With my hands.
4. Who would you say are your other influences beside Bowie?
I am a big fan of Marc Bolan TREX, The Sweet, Hawkwind, and Motorhead…the task to cover Bowie was a new opportunity to appreciate his work, which was very groundbreaking in the commercial world of music for its time.
5. Did you get to see the exhibit and if so what was that like?
6. How did it feel like playing on David Bowie Day ?
7. I saw comments you blew the roof off at MCA? what did you play?
By submitting a comment here you grant White Mystery a perpetual license to reproduce your words and name/web site in attribution. Inappropriate or irrelevant comments will be removed at an admin's discretion.